Goodbye 2011! Hello 2012!

I've heard it said "We will make time for the things most important to us" what will you be making time for this year?

2011 is gone.

2012 is here. 

-What will I do to make a difference?

-What do I want to accomplish this year?

-What goals will I set for myself?

-What do I want to change?

These are questions people will start asking themselves as the New Year begins, and it is now that people will start reflecting back on the past year. 

2011 has been a pretty good year, I am thankful for the lessons I've learned, for the people I've met, for my family and friends that have (and always will) be there for me, I am thankful for the all the blessings God has given me, I am thankful for the challenges He has given me because without them I'd be unable to grow. 

As I look back on 2011 I see where I messed up, I see where I didn't make the right choice, I see goals I didn't meet, and I see lists I didn't complete. But I also see where I did the right thing, I see where I might not have completed all my goals but I still completed some. I see where I might not have finished every single list, but I still completed some. We're not going to hit every goals, we're not going to complete every single task, we're not always going to make the right decision or never mess up, because if we did then how would we grow or learn. 

I think that we all (myself included) need to realize that there will always be a struggle, there will always be a challenge, there will always be a temptation, and there will always be a choice. It's what we do with these things that are going to make up our year. As you reflect back on your year, instead of thinking about all the things you didn't get done or whatever, think about the positives. Because in the end, there isn't a lot you can do about what happened in the past. 

As I think about 2012 I start making lists in my head of things I want to do, of books I want to read, places I want to go, and goals I want to achieve. We will see how it all goes :) As I come up with them I'll post some of my lists!

Remember, first and formost God needs to be the center of your life. Without Him, we are nothing. 

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

Until next time...

0 comments:

Post a Comment