nothing without you....

Take my time here on this earth
And let it glorify all that You are worth
For I am nothing,
I am nothing without You

All my soul needs
Is all Your love to cover me
So all the world will see
That I have nothing without You
-Nothing without You [Bebo Norman]

We did this song in youth group a couple weeks ago, and I just really like the words. It just made me stop and realize that we truly are NOTHING without Him, and sometimes I forget that. I tend to get really caught up in what I can do to benefit me and my future, and every once in awhile I Just need to be reminded that my ultimate goal should be what I can do to glorify 

So the past couple of weeks have been rather exciting! It's been so great having Maggie and the boys (Bo and Dave) here, along with Tim, Jeni and the girls (Sophia and Naomi)! Also a friend of my mom's and Maggie's, Seth, and another friend of Maggie's, Kelly, came to visit. It's really been a lot of fun! It's been so cute watching NayNay, Sophia, Bo, and Dave play together along with our kids, they're all so sweet! Needless to say, our house has been rather full the past couples of weeks :) We'll be sad to see them go =(

Tomorrow the majority of our St. Louis team leaves bright and early. We're kind of flying blind for this project, so it'll be interesting. Basically we're all going into this trusting that God has a plan and as long as we're following that plan and we're flexible and open to whatever He has to say, then it should be fine. I'm not saying it will be easy, because leading VBS for 80-100 kids is NEVER easy....but if we can leave that week saying "God's will was done" then we've done what we where sent there to do. Just pray for our team as we're there....Pray for our students going, for the leaders, for the organization we'll be working with, for the kids and familes we'll be ministering to, pray we'll all have good attitudes, and that we'll have open and receptive hearts to what's being said and taught, so that we're able to clearly present the messages to those around us.

I start school in 11 days, I am actually very excited....I am not a big fan of school, so that will be a struggle, but I am ready to have a little more structure in my life. I have always liked having a schedule knowing what I'm doing when, where, and who with....so yeah. 

Well that's about all I have time for right now because I have little nephews wanting some attention.

until next time....

0 comments:

Post a Comment